In 2004, Arfa Karim made a world record by becoming the youngest Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) at the age of eight. She observed similar potential in every Pakistani child and noticed the educational capabilities of this nation. Arfa Karim, because of her young age and big aims, has been viewed as Pakistan’s IT identity. She made it her mission to make Pakistan progress in the field of Information and Technology. It occurred in her mind an idea of a platform similar to ‘Silicon Valley’ in the American state of California, which is a global hub for high-tech innovations.
Arfa chose the name ‘Digicon Valley’ and started working on designing a map. She aimed to create a Hub for all national and multinational Software companies which will invest and collaborate for Technological Innovation. After her untimely demise in 2012, Arfa Karim Foundation has continued working for Arfa’s dreams.
Digicon Valley, a megaproject of the Arfa Karim Foundation, in collaboration with the biggest Software Houses of Pakistan, has launched its first program whose roadmap comprises of following three steps:
Step 1- IT Courses
- Digicon Valley offers numerous Technical & IT courses to the adroit youth of Pakistan.
- The courses are FREE of charge.
- Students will enroll in any course they wish to learn and engage with the AKF community. There is no age and qualification based restrictions for this enrolment.
- We plan to achieve a target of teaching 2500 students per year.
- We aim to educate and enlighten the youth body together with building their skillset and boosting their productivity.
Step 2- Written Exam
- The exam is non-compulsory for students to take, but those who wish to test their learning may opt for this step.
- It will be a PAID exam and conducted twice a year.
- It will be designed by the finest of teachers and invigilated by AKF and its collaborators.
Step 3- Certificate Grants
- Students, after the successful completion of step two, may opt for this step.
- Third step is the PAID issuing of the certificate.
- An interview will be conducted by a panel comprised of evaluators from collaborating Software Houses.
- The interviewee will be assessed and judged based on a critical and thorough analysis of its knowledge.
- Certificates will be granted to the successful interviewees.
- These certificates have on those, the prestigious mentioning of our collaborators- the biggest Software Houses in Pakistan. Companies’ logos and their director’s signatures are on the certificates.
- We aim to reach the level of Microsoft Corporation in quality certification grants to diligent Pakistani youth.
CURRENT STATUS OF THE PROJECT:
Presently, the enrolment process is open.
We are efficiently enrolling students from all across Pakistan into our courses. We encourage students from every background regardless; of their age, gender, qualifications, and ethnicity.