Effective social skills consist of managing relationships in a way that benefits the organization
Improve social skills by:
- Effective social skills help you to build rapport with your employees and earn their respect and loyalty.
- Employees will trust you which is especially valuable if unwelcomed decisions have been made, such as a rise in performance targets.
- When you interact with your employees you can identify the best way to meet their individual needs and identify how their abilities can be used to achieve the organizations aims.
- Staff will feel comfortable presenting ideas to you and discussing concerns.
- Developing your communication skills. Problems can arise if there is bad communication, such as, misunderstandings upsetting employees. Listen to feedback to work out what to target, for example, the manner in which you speak may need work or perhaps your body language.
- Learning how to provide praise and constructive feedback.
- Cooperating and working together with your employees because you are all working towards a shared goal.
- Listening to employees and practicing empathy.
- Building relationships with your employees will assist you in understanding how to manage each individual.
- Resolving conflict by looking at the situation from all the viewpoints involved and try to come to a compromise that benefits everyone.
Relationship Management concerns the skill or adeptness at inducing desirable responses in others. The Relationship Management cluster contains six competencies:
- Developing Others: Sensing others development needs and bolstering their abilities.
- Inspirational Leadership: Inspiring and guiding individuals and groups.
- Change Catalyst: Initiating or managing change.
- Influence: Wielding effective tactics for persuasion.
- Conflict Management: Negotiating and resolving disagreements.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Working with others toward shared goals. Creating group synergy in pursuing collective goals.
Social Awareness refers to how people handle relationships and awareness of others feelings, needs, and concerns. The Social Awareness cluster contains three competencies:
- Empathy: Sensing others feelings and perspectives, and taking an active interest in their concerns.
- Organizational Awareness: Reading a groups emotional currents and power relationships.
- Service Orientation: Anticipating, recognizing, and meeting customers needs.
Location: 9th Floor - Suite 9 - Arfa Software Technology Park 346B Ferozepur Road 54600 Lahore, Pakistan